Leveraging blended learning models such as station rotation, flipped learning, and individual pathways provide actionable, sustainable methods for integrating technology in a way that organizes learning, engages students, and improves outcomes. Organization systems are essential for success, by helping students access resources and collaborate in consistent and replicable ways. In coaching or in a Virtual Workshop, participants will:
- Define blended learning and the benefits of balancing tech-based instruction
- Explore blended learning models and how these can be used to improve student outcomes
- Build and get peer feedback on a plan for balancing tech-based instruction in their classroom
This workshop is intended to support teachers in implementing blended learning models to balance instruction and set up effective learning spaces in their in-person classrooms. Leaders and coaches could also benefit from this session to gain ideas on how to best support their teachers in implementation.
- 2 hours
- Participants will need a computer with a camera, microphone and Internet access
I implement blended learning models within my classroom to organize and personalize learning.
- Build an understanding of the benefits of balancing instruction while blending learning to meet the needs of all learners, while creating consistent organizing systems
- Identify ways that teachers support equity, clarity, sustainability, and student-centeredness within a blended learning classroom environment
- Explore blended learning models through the use of a Jigsaw activity and real teacher examples
- Unpack the value of each blended learning model using the 5Ws protocol and identify how each could be used within their own context
- Build a plan for balancing instruction in an blended learning classroom
- Self-assess their plan and share out their learning