The work of supporting students with disabilities does not live only with special education teachers and staff, it lives with every single school team member. In order to create inclusive environments that meet the needs of all learners, every teacher, administrator, and staff member must understand those needs and work collaboratively.
- 6 hours
- Participants will need a computer with Internet access
This workshop is intended to support leaders, instructional coaches, and teachers in building a plan to support students with disabilities.
- Ground in the laws and ideologies behind supporting students with disabilities
- Look at the pillars for supporting students with disabilities
- Use a jigsaw protocol to examine why inclusive practices are beneficial for all students
- Self-select into small groups to explore a set of resources. Each group will be exploring a different set (school-team collaboration tools, IEP meeting resources, strategies for inclusive instruction)
- In the same small groups, teams will use a planning template to select resources and adapt them to fit the school’s needs, making a plan for integrating those resources into practice
- Teams will then share out plans with the whole group, then participants will give/receive feedback using a 3-2-1 protocol