Supporting students in understanding themselves as people—both individually and as community members—can help students thrive emotionally and academically. The Social-Emotional Learning focus area equips educators to help students understand their emotional responses, navigate interpersonal relationships, and develop the decision-making skills and resilience needed to succeed in the classroom and beyond.
Our 1:1 coaching methodology centers on the principles of actionable research and job-embedded best practices to provide the most personalized and differentiated approach to meet the needs of our participants. This professional learning is designed to support each participant with what they need, not a one-size-fit all approach. Our Social-Emotional Learning coaches use the “Try, Measure, Learn” approach to create an ongoing change in practice.
This coaching model and support was developed for teachers, instructional coaches, and leaders.
- Bi-weekly, 30 Minute virtual session scheduled directly with a BetterLesson Coach
- 4 Session Coaching Packs around one topic (tied to a virtual workshop) or Targeted (half-year) and Unlimited Coaching with flexibility is available
- Participants will need a computer with access to Zoom, a camera, a microphone, and stable Internet connectivity
- Participants will register for access with the BetterLesson Lab
- Participants will schedule 1:1 coaching calls with their coach
Coaching supports participants where they are at, building awareness, understanding, and opportunities for application and ownership of key competencies like:
- Self Management and Self Awareness: I can develop my self management and self awareness by employing strategies aligned to the core competencies of social emotional learning.
- Responsible Decision Making: I can define and incorporate responsible decision-making skills into my instruction that support students to analyze consequences, make decisions that promote collective wellbeing, and create a more just and equitable learning environment.
- Relationships and Social Awareness: I can support the development of positive relationships and social awareness by building a collaborative and supportive learning community.
- Social-Emotional Learning for Leaders: I can develop social-emotional initiatives in my school that integrate the academic and social needs of my school community.