The English Learners focus area helps educators develop their understanding of language acquisition, English language development standards, and research-based instructional strategies to ensure each student has what they need to succeed.
Our 1:1 coaching methodology centers on the principles of actionable research and job-embedded best practices to provide the most personalized and differentiated approach to meet the needs of our participants. This professional learning is designed to support each participant with what they need, not a one-size-fit all approach. Our English Learners Teaching Practices coaches use the “Try, Measure, Learn” approach to create an ongoing change in practice.
This coaching model and support was developed for teachers, instructional coaches, and leaders.
- Bi-weekly, 30 Minute virtual session scheduled directly with a BetterLesson Coach
- 4 Session Coaching Packs around one topic (tied to a virtual workshop) or Targeted (half-year) and Unlimited Coaching with flexibility is available
- Participants will need a computer with access to Zoom, a camera, a microphone, and stable Internet connectivity
- Participants will register for access with the BetterLesson Lab
- Participants will schedule 1:1 coaching calls with their coach
Coaching supports participants where they are at, building awareness, understanding, and opportunities for application and ownership of key competencies like:
- Problem-Based Learning to Build Language Skills: I design problem based learning tasks that support my English Learner’s language skill development.
- Unpacking English Language Development Standards: I consistently integrate English Language Proficiency Standards into my instruction in order to support language and content development for English Learners.
- Research-Based Instructional Strategies to Support English Learners: I consistently incorporate language development strategies into my instruction to support the specific linguistic needs of my English Learners.
- Designing Assessments for English Learners: I consistently incorporate language development strategies into my instruction to support the specific linguistic needs of my English Learners.