When teachers have the opportunity to collaborate with peers, it leads to better results for their students, their team, and their school. The Collaborative Professional Learning focus area provides school leaders with the tools to develop a collaborative professional culture that supports student-centered teaching and learning.
Our 1:1 coaching methodology centers on the principles of actionable research and job-embedded best practices to provide the most personalized and differentiated approach to meet the needs of our participants. This professional learning is designed to support each participant with what they need, not a one-size-fit all approach. Our Collaborative Professional Learning coaches use the “Try, Measure, Learn” approach to create an ongoing change in practice.
This coaching model and support was developed for instructional coaches and leaders.
- Bi-weekly, 30 Minute virtual session scheduled directly with a BetterLesson Coach
- 4 Session Coaching Packs around one topic (tied to a virtual workshop) or Targeted (half-year) and Unlimited Coaching with flexibility is available
- Participants will need a computer with access to Zoom, a camera, a microphone, and stable Internet connectivity
- Participants will register for access with the BetterLesson Lab
- Participants will schedule 1:1 coaching calls with their coach
Coaching supports participants where they are at, building awareness, understanding, and opportunities for application and ownership of key competencies like:
- Setting Up Flexible and Virtual PD: I can create flexible and virtual learning experiences for teachers to promote growth.
- Collaborative Professional Learning Communities: I can design a collaborative and outcome driven learning space using principles of adult learning.
- Planning Actionable Learning: I can plan actionable professional development by creating meaningful shared learning spaces for teachers.
- Data-Backed Instructional Planning: I can build data-backed instructional planning spaces in which teachers collaboratively review student work, identify trends in data, and develop team goals.
- Facilitating Professional Learning: I can design and facilitate professional learning communities to improve teacher practice.