Educators are faced with the challenge of creating learning spaces that set students up for success and meet their academic, social, and emotional needs. By creating differentiated learning opportunities that are equitable, sustainable, and rigorous, educators can provide support for all students. Our 1:1 coaching methodology centers on the principles of actionable research and job-embedded best practices to provide the most personalized and differentiated approach to meet the needs of our participants. This professional learning is designed to support each participant with what they need, not a one-size-fit all approach. Our Accelerating Growth coaches use the “Try, Measure, Learn” approach to create an ongoing change in practice.
This coaching model and support was developed for teachers, instructional coaches, and leaders.
- Bi-weekly, 30 Minute virtual session scheduled directly with a BetterLesson Coach
- 4 Session Coaching Packs around one topic (tied to a virtual workshop) or Targeted (half-year) and Unlimited Coaching with flexibility is available
- Participants will need a computer with access to Zoom, a camera, a microphone, and stable Internet connectivity
- Participants will register for access with the BetterLesson Lab
- Participants will schedule 1:1 coaching calls with their coach
Coaching supports participants where they are at, building awareness, understanding, and opportunities for application and ownership of key competencies like these:
- Universal Design for Learning: I can use Universal Design for Learning principles to accelerate student growth by providing learners access to meaningful and challenging learning experiences that meet their needs.
- Remediation Reimagined: I can develop remediation systems and structures to accelerate student growth by using differentiated and targeted supports.
- Focusing on Grade Level Content: I can provide all students access to grade level content by prioritizing learning objectives and creating a system of scaffolds and supports in order to accelerate student growth.
- Closing Academic Gaps: I can close academic gaps by using data to develop consistent, equitable, and flexible systems for accelerating learning.
- High Dosage Tutoring: I design targeted, individualized high-dosage tutoring to close academic gaps.