Lesson: Main Idea II - End of Book I
Objective:Students will be able to identify the main idea for Book I and graphically depict the main idea to be compile a "Tale of Despereaux" picture book/graphic novelette.
Opening (5 minutes): We have been doing alot of reading in "The Tale of Despereaux" I thought that we should take a break and display our skills or finding details and determining the main idea. We have been creating our timeline to sequence the events in the story and displaying the main ideas, I want to create a student created "Tale of Despereaux" picture book/graphic novelette.
I want you to partner up and I will give you a chapter. You will:
- Depict the Chapter I give you with an illustration, or a series of illustrations (like a comic strip)
- These illustrations have to include your details and then the text that will be associated with the illustration will be your main idea statement.
- All the details can be found in your detail/main idea sheets you have already been filing in your folders.
- DO NOT PUT THE CHAPTERS ON THE ILLUSTRATION, we will be doing something with these later.
- illustration sheet (see attached file)
- colored pencils
|TOD Book I activity Activity||