Lesson: States of Matter Review and Assessment
- Copy 1 bingo card per student.
- Optional small candy for students who get BINGO.
- Tell students that today we will be reviewing the important things to remember about the different states of matter and their changes.
- We will be playing a review bingo game.
- Show the BINGO sheet. Explain that each clue/call could be a fact or an example of a state of matter.
- When you read the clue students should find a matching state of matter box to and write in that clue.
- When they get five in a row, they should call out BINGO and should read each fact/example and what state of mattter they matched it with.
- Pass out Bingo cards.
- Read the call sheet. (in order or random)
- After the review game, tell the students that they will be taking a test later so they can show their understanding about the states of matter.
- In the afternoon or the next day have students complete the States of Matter Exam.
REFLECTION / NOTES
I always like to wrap up my units with a review to summarize the important understandings for the students. Oftentimes I find the reviews to be much more valuable than the assessments I give. Sometimes I find out that most of the class has a misconception that would only take 10-15 minutes to reteach them, which I am able to do on the spot. It also takes the pressure of the test off of the students, because they are able to show their knowledge through the review game first instead of immediately taking a paper/pencil test.
|STATES OF MATTER Bingo Call Sheet.pdf||
|STATES OF MATTER REVIEW BINGOp.pdf||
|STATES OF MATTER TEST.pdf||