Lesson: Kinds of Fractions
Students will distinguish between proper fractions, improper fractions and mixed numbers.
· Direct students to complete the following in their Math Journal:
· Lily planted tomatoes in 2/8 of her garden. Draw a picture to model the fraction. What does the numerator represent? What does the denominator represent.
- Discuss answers to DO Now.
- State objective.
· Distribute Three Kinds of Fractions worksheet.
· Discuss each kind of fraction. Give an example of each. Allow students to give 3 other examples. Record student answers. Draw a visual representation of each response.
· Complete exit slip
Something went wrong. See details for more info