Lesson: Common and Proper Nouns
Students will learn to identify common and proper nouns
Level of Bloom’s Taxonomy:
· Comprehension – Illustrate Common and Proper Nouns
Instructional Procedures: How will I…?
…recall prior relevant information? Make connections to prior learning?
1. Review with the students nouns.
2. Have the students do page 7 in Grammar Book for review of nouns.
….present new material?
· Go through flipchart with students
· Put students into groups of 4 and give each group a “common noun” page.
· Explain to the students we are going to play a game where each group is going against the other groups. The students in each group need to sit in a circle. For each word on the WS, for example – dog, each student in the group will need to write a proper noun. The group that goes through the entire list, with each student writing a proper noun for each common noun, wins.
· Go through the practice in the textbook on p. 66 and 67 with the students.
· Game and HW
…Enhance retention? (homework)
· Have the students draw pictures that represent common and proper nouns. I would like the students to be very creative in thinking of ways to illustrate common and proper nouns! They may use pictures from the internet or they may draw their pictures.
Test Questions from today’s objectives?
…get feedback on their
|Common and Proper nouns Smart Board||
|lesson 2 Lesson Plan||
|common nouns Activity||
No comments at this time.Add Comment